Position Title: Virtual Ambassador
Classification: Up to 40 hours per week (for a 4-month project), Monday through Friday and weekend events
Reports to: Project Lead
Virtual Ambassador job position is to provide COVID-19 Vaccine health education and general outreach decrease COVID-19 Vaccination hesitancy in Georgia.
The Virtual Ambassador position is to serve as liaison between their community in Georgia, health professionals, human and social service organizations.
The Hispanic Health Coalition of Georgia, (HHCGA), is seeking applications from individuals interested in providing COVID-19 vaccine education and information to the Hispanic Community.
The HHCGA, in conjunction with the National Alliance for Hispanic Health Vacunas para Todos program, will provide culturally and linguistically appropriate education, information to the Hispanic community, who are yet to be vaccinated, in Georgia. The successful applicants, Virtual Ambassdors, will be expected to provide outreach activities to inform and engage citizens across their region of the state for COVID-19 vaccination acceptance. The Virtual Ambassador will reduce the hesitancy and misinformation with regard to the safety and benefit of the COVID-19 Vaccine.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Virtually provides peer COVID-19 health education and support to the families within Georgia.
• Performs all functions and activities within the guidelines and philosophy set forth in HHCGA’s strategic plan, policies, mission, goals, and vision.
• Participates as a member of various teams as needed.
• Actively participates in, and successfully completes, training provided by the HHCGA
• Provides peer COVID-19 vaccine health education through outreach, vaccination sites, and trusted community centers to assess client needs and concerns as they relate to their family, their community, and their health.
• Represents organization in meetings with providers, clients, and others. Assists in completing program goals and requirements.
• Works with reporting and data analyst to ensure accuracy in the data for reporting purposes.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Ability to communicate easily with others, including demonstrating active listening skills.
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated flexibility in addressing changing community needs and program environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in relation to the projects, for all parties involved.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated initiative and good judgment in work.
• Displayed empathy, respect, and understanding of community resources, programmatic goals, and understanding of organizational values and processes.
• Experience in community work, education, health care, or related field preferred.
• Works well under pressure and goal oriented.
• Excellent understanding, personal following, and daily use of social medias including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
o Understanding that personal profile will be used to engage in groups and communities on these platforms to share information and uplift the program
• Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• High School diploma required
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
• Ability to work and lead teams in a multicultural setting.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and Spanish
• Strong cross-cultural/interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with diverse stakeholders with cultural sensitivity, fostering a supporting environment in person and in all forms of correspondence.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a team player.
• Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Experience working in fast-paced role and undertake multiple tasks.
• Have knowledge of and/or member of the community served.
• Technology Device knowledge and skills such as: Laptops, Smartphones, Internet/online application systems, Microsoft Office, etc.
Computer, Printer, Telephone
• Usage of equipment and light lifting to utilize and maintain equipment.
• The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION POLICY
• The HHCGA is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Our employees are our best asset. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organizations’ achievement as well.
• We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
• Respect: At the HHCGA, we respect participants, volunteers, donors, visitors, vendors, co-workers, and others, demonstrating civility and an appreciation for the dignity for everyone.
• Love: At the HHCGA, we love what we do! We serve our community and share with our coworkers in a loving environment, with consideration and empathy.
• Dignity: Human dignity is an inherent condition of the human being; therefore, it is the right of everyone to be treated with dignity and respect. At the HHCGA we ensure that dignity and respect are present in everything we do.
The HHCGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.